Rather than writing a report about these one day encounters it will be much better to just note down the questions… and questions emerging out for this Team India of World Cup-2015.
- Why captain Dhoni opted to bat first both times winning the toss while Team India has the best win record chasing targets? And also in view of the bouncy pitches and fiery pace of Starc, Faulkner, Anderson and so on.
- Why was Virat Kohli brought down to bat at No. 4 instead of the customary No. 3 position in which he climbed to the top spot in the ICC rankings for batsmen?
- Why was Sturat Binny not included in the team for the first ODI? Binny was selected for the World Cup-2015 because of his all-round ability and in the present team for the Tri-Series Team India has no all-round presence thanks to the mysterious injuries of the ‘selected’ Ravindra Jadeja.
- Today Rohit Sharma had an injury and the whole team was in absolute confusion with Rahane opening with the hopelessly out-of-form and yet selected Shikhar Dhawan and then Rayadu coming in to bat at No. 3. There was hardly any option for a good opener. So why such a situation was not anticipated while selecting Team India for the World Cup? Why Murali Vijay was left out in the cold despite his tremendous show in Australia for the Test series?
- Why was Binny, finally included in place of Ashwin , given the new ball to open the attack today against England while better pacers like Bhuvaneshwar Kumar and Mohammad Shami were available?
- When is Ishant Sharma is going to be fit? Such ‘injured’ players are already selected and nobody knows when they will have some practice before the big event.
- Is everything okay in the Indian green room after the dichotomous captaincy between long and short format?